I didn't have long to play with these greeting card projects.
The first were based on some tree place cards that I had seen on Martha Stewart's site. They were made from a printable hexagon pdf. My first trial was a red tree made from a hexagon cut from a five inch wide card. I found that it sprawled too much at the base so I made the second one, the green one using a octagon from cut from a 5 inch wide card.
It was a bit better but it still sprawled a bit more than I wanted it to.
My solution was to invert the card into a glass ...
...and to drip a small amount of white glue into the tree.
The red one was bigger on the base so I didn't try to squish it into the glass but I did set something on top to keep it evenly in the glass for the hours and hours it took the glue to dry. I think that I'll come back to this project some day. In the meantime I should at least add some stars to the hanging strings.
I also did quick trials of a couple of other strip projects.
The star is based on a folding star book design that I saw online. I quite liked how my little star turned out and I will someday try making this one with the front of a greeting card. It is the smallest of all the greeting card ornament projects I played with this month, it is only about 1 and 3/4 inches across, but it needs the longest strip of card stock. The inside star is made from a 7.5 inch long strip accordion folded in 10 sections each 3/4 of an inch long. (The middle star has 11 sections each 5/8 inches long and the outside star has 11 sections each 1/2 inch long.)
I'm not so sure if I'll try the oval one again. The original ones I saw were made of soft paper and the concave and then convex curves enhanced the shape of the ornament. Rendered in white card stock mine reminds me of an onion! Perhaps fewer strips with different proportions might for a more pleasing greeting card ornament.